Sunday, August 28, 2011

Stake Conference- Being a Wonderful Example, Thank you Sister Winn!

Hey Guys!!!
So How is everyone this fine day??? We I hope fantastic =]... Any who, Today was Stake Conference!! AND a WONDERFUL one I might add... The Theme was TRUE TO THE FAITH... I had the wonderful opportunity to meet President and Sister Winn, Mission President and his wonderful wife serving in the Salt Lake City South Mission. They Traveled up to little old Evanston, Wyoming and talk at the Conference.


(I hope President and Sister Winn don't mind i have this picture on my blog, they are beautiful people)

I also was delighted to hear from Elder and Sister Packer, Quorum of the Seventies.

My Dad, sister Melissa and my self went to the Adults Session Saturday Evening. Sister Winn talked about sharing the joy the gospel brings to our lived, We all have a calling and we should all reach out to those that don't have the gospel in their lives. President Winn talked about the miracles that happen in the mission field, the Lord is in charge and how much he loves the gospel of Jesus Christ. He asked a question that I think everyone should think about and answer to themselves...>> How has the hand of the Lord been influenced in my life?
A lot more wonderful things were said during conference but I won't want to put all my notes down.
After the Saturday Evening Session was concluded, I had my sister Melissa come with me to talk to President and Sister Winn. What a WONDERFUL couple! I could definitely feel the spirit. This may sound crazy but, I recognize Sister Winn but i can't figure out where.. It's the craziest thing.. After the Sunday Session was complete President and Sister Winn came up to us and I think the best thing happened and I DEFINITELY NEEDED IT.. Sister Winn gave me the BIGGEST hug I thing anyone could ever give me.. That meant so much to me. I don't think she realizes how much influence she has had on me just in the two days we met. My mom made the comment to Sister Winn "We sure wish sister missionaries were here, Chelsie has always wanted to go out with them." Sister Winn told me that once I receive my mission call and talk to President Matthews (stake president) I can go to Utah and go on splits with the sisters. I think that is the best opportunity and it will really help me prepare for my mission. I have always wanted to do this and I am SOOOOO EXCITED to be able to do that. Well that is my EXCITING news minute for the day... =]

No comments: