Sunday, February 27, 2011

LDS Church...

Church was really good today. I learned so much and just amazes me how much i can learn. I thought i new a lot about the gospel but i still learn more and more each time i attend church...
In Gospel Doctrines class we talked about the Sermon on the Mount, that is found in Matthew 5. One of my favorite scriptures from this chapter is Matthew 5:16 and it says:
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven"
A question that we discussed was, "How can we be the light of the world?" Well our examples and to show our good works. We don't just go out and tell people that we are good and brag about what we have done. Actually show the good works and how you glorify our Father which is in heaven. Another Scripture that i can really relate to is Matthew 5:10-12 and that scripture says,
10-"Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
11-"Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake."
12-"Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you."
These scriptures made me realize that i should "rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven." I had a really hard time in middle school and high school. I am very grateful for this true gospel and the scriptures for us to read. They do answer my prayers.
-Chelsie

No comments: