Saturday, February 26, 2011

Its a new year!! Happy 2011!!! I know its February but i hope everyone had a wonderful 2010! I love spending my holiday season with family and friends!! A lot has happened since my last post. I finished reading 2 Nephi and now i am in the Book of Jacob... I am a pretty slow reader but I am getting it done... I plan to have read the entire Book of Mormon by the end of this year.... I am pretty sure I will have met my goal. I have been trying to study Preach My Gospel.. I haven't been doing to good with that BUT I will work on that...

My sister Melissa has finished her paperwork and now we are just waiting on The Mission Call... God really had been teaching her patience... Its a long process of getting all the paperwork in and everything all set before turning the paperwork in.. In the end, it is so worth it... Missionaries get to have the wonderful opportunities of preaching the Gospel to those who need it in their lives. I am so excited to be apart of that!! One of my favorite scriptures on this topic is found in the Doctrine and Covenants 42:5-6 and it says:
5- "And I give unto them a commandment that they shall go forth for a little season, and it shall be given by the power of the Spirit when they shall return."
6- "And ye shall go forth in the power of my Spirit, preaching my gospel, two by two, in my name, lifting up your voices as with the sound of a trump, declaring my word like unto angels of God."
Just knowing that i can be apart of that glorious work gives me goosebumps. I am so excited! I know that my hard work now will pay off and help me with my mission.
-Chelsie

No comments: